- የጎረቤቶቼ ጾታዊ ተራክቦ ድምፅም እንደሚናፍቀኝ ይጠበቃል:: The noise the guy used to make after whatever recreational drug –not so much.
- Some of the stuff left behind by roommates:
Leaving it where it’s currently at is part of the roommate retention plan: “the place comes with crutches አያድርሰውና….”
One is reminded of one’s mom’s perfume. One wishes one were there to hug her on the morning of a holiday. In the short term, can hardly wait to use it one’s clothes.
- I was surprised that Last Weekend Tonight and the Daily Show would use the same jokes that I had in mind Orange man wanting to put his Veep on domestic and foreign affairs; and the US winning the first gold medal of the Olympics, for shooting. የሕግ ያለህ! Plagiarism🙂
- A real case of plagiarism: one girl copied verbatim the “About me” part of my dating site profile. One of the different ways a person could like another person’s profile, I guess…The breach of etiquette was brought to my attention by a fellow prowler around said site.
- It was comforting to hear a seasoned teacher admit that they get nervous before every new class
- Modes of existence:
- I read two of አለማየሁ ገላጋይ’s books. I must say I have not enjoyed the great lengths the protagonist goes to ridicule the physical appearances of at least one character per book.
- Although I’ve not been making strides into uncharted scientific territory, as much as I am supposed to, it was exciting to discover that ጌታያውቃል ግርማይ is the son of ሻለቃ ግርማይ ሃድጎ -songwriter to your favorite ጥላሁን song.
- I believe Bethlehem Tilahun is a phenomenal woman. I also believe that she would inspire hundreds, if not thousands of Etyopian women. Silly observation: her name is like Bethlehem Wolde and Kalkidan Tilahun exchanging last names.
- Ain’t nothing like a Saturday afternoon nap, facing the sunlight coming through the window blinds:
- A fellow student from a third world country was telling me how outsiders used to be amazed about how peaceful the cities were even after dark, no robberies and stuff. The real reason, she explained, was that the sole rights and responsibilities for ሌብነት lay with the then dictator. Now, I may be straining the equivalence a bit. But I think it’s the same way that there rarely have been mass shootings committed by ordinary Etyopians. The government has always been responsible for that.
- Caught some part of the opening ceremony of the Olympics in a Brazilian café. Their Bauru was a generous portion and ingredients so diverse as behooves a country that boasts the Amazon. And a Chinese place serves በጣም አሪፍ chicken በማረቆ በርበሬ ተከቦ:
First time I had the dish, I did the mistake of eating an approx 1:1 ratio of chicken:በርበሬ :: Next morning was so rough, that I was tempted to try the physically impossible (I wonder if it would be metaphysically possible) and blow on my ass. Second time, I did not learn from my past mistake -was even worse. ለምለሚቱ አገራችን, ኮስታራው ምግባችን,… ወዘተ are facing serious competition. My ass was humbled. በሌላ በኩል quinoa ain’t got shit on ቅንጬ ::